Aug 26, 2012

Entreaguas (Between Waters)

This time I want to share what starts as an image and finally becomes a piece of art.

The next work its titled "Entreaguas" and tells the story of a bush island in the border of the mouth of the river (Palomino-Guajira) and the Caribbean Sea.

To take this beautiful image I have to hike for around 2 hours up river, then jump in a tire all the way down by the course.

I was carrying my camera in a drybag so I could use it when the water was calm.
While I was in the river, I had the chance to enjoy nature at first hand; many bird species fly over me and I was lucky to "paddle" near the shore to aproach birds from the river, giving  me a different perspective than hiking.

Also I get the opportunity to take extraordinary images from the river, shooting big trees, people and differen sceneries in the shore line all the way down.

When I was getting close to the opening I noticed that the sea level was little higher that the river.... at least I saw it that way from the tire; maybe was an optical effect by the waves.
Then I get ready, taking out my camera from the dry-bag and balancing with my feet to try to be as steady as I can to compose this image.

Then this tiny bushy island appears in front of my lens, letting me take this great image of an island surounded by 2 waters.  So from this point of view the bottom is the river then you see the island and a little thin line is the sea... amazing nature.

Enjoy the final result of that X'perience.

Hasta la próxima.
This image was edited using my computer to get this different effects in color and texture that I found interesting.

Please leave me your words here or in Twitter or G+.


No comments: