Mar 1, 2014

2014 New begining

The end of 2013, and the beginning of this 2014 brings me a new path.  The great experience of starting a studio with my brother has end.   But this is not a bad thing, this should be turned into a new learning process and its the window for new goals as an artist.

Be in the clinic for almost a month, has shows me that i need to pursuit my artistic projects and the photography i want to express.   Commercial photography has many faces, and to show the ones you want is the key of success.   Editorial photography is a very competitive field as many others, but I can say that is the one fills my soul with happiness.
This is the collection of images that i record on my first entrance to the emergency room, then the clinic for surgery and treatment early this year.
 
Window at the emergency room. “Life pixel by pixel”

The next morning after spend the night in a chair, waiting for the physician for his surgery decision.  I enter at 9:00PM the night before, and I was told that the doctor will come soon, so after 12 hours waiting at last the surgeon appear to tell me, “yes you need surgery for those gallbladder stones”.... mmm something that I already knew, but then I need a room so a new waiting list starts.   


“Broken door”
Now on my shared room, this was the bathroom door, very nice, special when your roomate might have some stomach issues and your bed is right next to it LOL.  The good thing was that only took 7 hours to repair it, that means concierge is more efficient than medical crew here.

This is the moment when I decide to walk around the clinic and I found this yellow wall-e with rasta fur.  Sometimes light surprises me and create this kind of characters.

“Cleaning Rasta wall-e”
 
After “Rasta wall-e dances”

Available light is one of the most exiting challenges i enjoy of photography, phones photography everyday is growing and the quality of the cameras are getting much better every day, off course my cheap phone has a toy style camera build in.  Even knowing that, i enjoy it once in a while and its handy when you are away from your gear.  All the images in this post are made with a very cheap phone camera.

Then the ambulance X-perience; this was very exciting to get my first ride,  I ask the driver to turn the sirens on and challenging to drive as fast as he can.


“shake and bake”
The driver, showing me his skills how fast he can go… mmm very comfortable wheel race.
But after this, things start going better.

 
“Crazy patient”
Inside of this vehicle you feel like a maniac going to the asylum LOL.  But it was quite exciting.

“The tunnel”
After some medication, some people experience an extrasensory trip, crossing a tunnel and following the light… oooops, where is the light here? am I dead yet?
So luckyly no, I had a second chance after many other issues at the clinic. but that might be another story.

For now this 2014 will come with new things, the studio with my borther is closed and I am recovering very well from this January x-tupid doctors encounter.  Hope to add new galleries soon to my website www.juanpabloassmus.com or home on the menu bar on top of this blog.

Untile next time people...

No comments: